We have been able to keep our veterinary services running throughout, which was always our aim – to continue providing veterinary care for all your pets and avoid closure.
The pandemic has presented many challenges for us all and we have been continually reviewing our Covid-19 protocols in order to keep our workplace as safe as possible for our team members and clients alike.
As with the rest of the population we have to consider the safety of vulnerable members of our staff and those who live or care for vulnerable people.
We want to take a moment to say a sincere and heartfelt thank you to all our MPV team who have taken on the ever-changing protocols without question.
We are pleased to announce that we are inviting clients back into our consulting rooms where possible.
• We ask that only one client accompanies their pet(s) into our waiting and consulting room at this time (An exception will be made for clients with additional needs that require a carer to be present, or for those with children. If this is the case, please let us know when you book your appointment so the necessary arrangements can be made).
• We ask that all our clients and visitors wear a face mask (covering both their mouth and nose) when within our building and our consulting rooms.
• We ask that social distancing is observed where possible.
• If you are mask exempt or would prefer not to enter our consulting rooms then our vets/nurses will come to you – please just let our reception team know.
• If you do not have a mask, please let a member of our team know and we will provide you with one free of charge.
• If you are isolating or if anyone you live with is has tested positive for Covid within the last 10 days please let a member of our team know, we have existing provisions in place to care for your pets.
• We ask that you do not challenge our team members about these decisions.
• Our team will continue to be available to care for your pets 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year either in practice or using telephone/video consultations.
• We will continue to wear PPE, including face masks, whilst within the practice.
• We will continue to use our buzzer system at our Walter Leigh Way practice and ask that you arrive promptly for your appointments at either practice.
• We will continue to keep to your appointment times where possible, we do appreciate your time is valuable.
• If you arrive later than your appointment time, please be aware that we may have to rebook your appointment.
• We have a limited number of consultations available each day and we have to prioritise emergencies – we thank you for your continued understanding of this.
• If you are unable to attend your appointment, please give us a ring to let us know on 01942 417800 or 01942 677979.
Once again, a huge thank you to you all for your continued support and understanding as we navigate back to our ‘new normal’.
Caroline, Lloyd and the MPV team
Please be reassured we will still be here for you and your pet over the festive season, with some slightly different opening hours than normal. 22 December: 8.30am to 6.30pm then emergencies only 23 December: Emergencies only Christmas Eve: Emergencies only Christmas...
Springtime allergies are not simply a problem for people; they can also affect pets. Pets can experience seasonal allergies in the springtime, just like people can. To keep their furry friends healthy and comfortable, it’s good for pet owners to know about the signs...
It's important to know that there are ways to walk your dog in the rain comfortably for both you and your dog. Dogs have sensitive senses, and the sound and smell of rain can be overwhelming for some. Most dogs won't mind walking in the rain. In fact some will gain...